When to use human growth hormone (HGH) is a topic of much debate, especially amongst competitive bodybuilders.
While there’s no doubting the effectiveness of HGH for bodybuilding, the real question lies with when exactly should bodybuilders use HGH for muscle growth in order to optimize gains.
It has been widely suggested by a good number of bodybuilders that the best time to use HGH is at night just before bedtime and first thing in the morning. Keep reading this post to find out if this is actually the best time to take HGH or not. But for the uninitiated it is worth the time to first get to know a bit more about HGH.
I. So What Exactly is HGH?
Naturally occurring HGH is a polypeptide hormone secreted by the pituitary gland in the brain. Bone growth, muscle development, cell regeneration, and cell synthesis all rely on HGH, making it an essential hormone for human development and good health.
Although its usage in medicine dates back to 1963, it is now more commonly associated with recreational pursuits as a performance enhancing drug to improve both physical appearance and athletic performance.
Depending on when you inject HGH, you may notice very diverse results. So, the overall physical effects of utilizing growth hormone are highly sensitive to both when and what you take it with. Therefore, the timing of your HGH use will greatly affect your bodybuilding goals.
The most widely used HGH is Somatropin which is available in a number of brand names.
HGH’s appeal to bodybuilders and sportsmen is comparable to that of anabolic steroids because it provides a number of bodybuilding gains, such as:
- promoting skeletal muscle mass gains,
- boosting strength and vitality,
- improving overall performance,
- reducing body fat,
- accelerate the healing of bone and muscle injuries.
II. How Exactly does HGH work?
The growth and repair of cells are two of the key effects of HGH. It also helps to enhance the growth of bones, muscles, and organs.
In addition to reducing inflammation, HGH speeds up the healing process after a muscle or bone-related injury.
Athletes and bodybuilders frequently utilize HGH to promote muscle growth and strength as well as enhance their overall performance.
It is also used to treat age-related disorders because of evidence that it slows the aging process.
The production of natural human growth hormone is highest throughout the adolescent years and gradually decreases thereafter.
Muscle mass, strength, and stamina can all diminish when HGH levels naturally decline with age.
But using an HGH supplement might slow down the aging process and boost your health and vitality.
Osteoporosis, obesity, and cardiovascular disease have all been linked to inadequate amounts of HGH in the body. However, supplements containing growth hormone receptor antagonists or secretagogues can be used to boost HGH levels.
III. What are the Side Effects of HGH?
The use of HGH is not without potential risks. As the content of illegal HGH isn’t totally known or regulated, these adverse effects are conceivable with both the prescribed and illicit versions of HGH for men. Older adults may also be more vulnerable to the side effects of the drug’s compared to younger users.
Injections of excessive amounts of HGH may cause the following adverse effects:
- Hand and wrist pain also known as carpal tunnel syndrome,
- chronic ache in the limbs, shoulders, or back,
- fluid retention causing upper body and lower body swelling (edema),
- high levels of cholesterol,
- tingling and numbness of the skin,
- a higher chance of developing diabetes and heart problems
- rapid growth of malignant tumor
- morphological development of the head, hands, and feet (acromegaly)
- fluctuating emotions and an overreliance/addiction to HGH,
- an enlarged heart,
- Injuries to the liver from hypoglycemia and
IV. HGH Vs. Steroids
There is a wide variety of ways in which steroids and HGH might help one’s health. Both compounds can boost performance in sports endeavors, facilitate weight loss, and increase muscle size.
They can also help you look and feel younger for longer because to their anti-aging qualities.
Let’s delve in and examine the advantages of these two compounds in a bit more detail:
Bodybuilding gains from Steroid use:
- Increased skeletal muscle growth
- Muscle growth is mostly regulated by testosterone, which is increased by steroid use. In addition, steroids foster tissue expansion and repair
- through their anabolic actions. That’s why doing so helps you bulk up and get stronger.
- Boosts stamina
- Muscle mass isn’t the only thing steroids improve; they also make you stronger.
- Why? Because steroid use improves protein utilization by skeletal muscle tissue. Also, they promote the growth of new skeletal muscle fibers,
- which in turn boosts overall muscular strength.
- Steroids causes a decrease in fat storage
- Steroids decrease body fat by raising metabolic rate. Cutting steroids like Clenbuterol and Anavar are great for promoting fat loss. Also, steroids
- aid in reducing body fat by preventing the production of new fat cells.
- Steroids improve performance
- Strength, speed, and endurance can all be boosted with the help of steroids, making them a popular aid to athletes.
Steroids will boost performance by enhancing the body’s ability to absorb oxygen through increasing the number of red blood cells in the body.
V. Recovery times are shortened by steroid use
Steroids shorten the healing process by decreasing inflammation. As a result, your muscles will be able to recover and grow more quickly following an injury from am intense workout session. This is because cortisol and other stress hormones are produced at lower rates when steroids are used.
Bodybuilding gains from Human Growth Hormone use:
- HGH increases muscle mass
- HGH will help boost your skeletal muscle mass.The anabolic actions of HGH mean it helps repair and grow old tissues to give you the bulk and
- strength you desire.
- Improves bone mass
- Stronger bones can be achieved with the use of HGH because it increases bone density. HGH will also help to heal bone fractures quickly, in
- addition to combating osteoporosis.
- A fat burner
- Weight loss and fat burning are both aided by HGH. It accomplishes this by boosting metabolism and facilitating the breakdown of fat reserves.